Friday, December 5, 2008

......

latley i've been addicted to Sonnie Trotter's blog. the guy is awesome and is definitley someone I look up to. check his site at http://sonnietrotter.com/roadlife/. i've decided his blog was so interesting because most entries were short and to the point. not always about climbing but relevant. anyway i am going to start using his style, maybe get a few folks to read my stuff.

ok now that that's out of the way thought I'd let you guys know that the meatlocker II is coming along well. i finished framing the steep wall and the cave, and plan on finishing the power endurance wall and campus board tomorrow. i know there are a bunch of psyched huntsville climbers awaiting the grand opening so I'm working as fast as possible. I been thinking about maybe getting insurance and charging peeps just the bare minimium to pay the insurance. Sort of a non-profit gym with a cardio machines, kettle balls, crossfit equipment etc. anyway if anyone from huntsville reads this let me know what you think of that. I don't plan on charging much maybe $10 a month, just have to see about the insurance. anyway if i could get enough climbers psyched on the meatlocker maybe i would actually move it into an old warehouse and build a propper gym.

I was planning on posting some pics of the gym's progress, but have decided to keep it a secret until i finish it. i promise its gonna be rad, the new spot to breed the next generation southern mutants. if you have any questions about the gym, training, or injuries dont be scared to contact me.

climb on
ben

4 comments:

/todd said...

I know I keep saying this but I really want to start training with you. If you want those holds just let me know when is a good time and I will drop them off.

Alexander Maguire said...

$10 a month? I think I’ll make a counter offer: How bout you give me $4 a month plus one smoothie per visit. If you act now I’ll throw in a free t-shirt.

Ben said...

Alex just nice to know you read this blog.

yeah I think the insurance is gonna be too much, everyone can climb for free

Ben said...

oh and Todd as soon as the ply wood is ready to go up I'm gonna call everyone to come help.

You're more than welcome to come train, and those holds will for sure come into good use